TIAPE understands that every family is unique and care requirements vary from one family to the next. That’s why we offer two categories of skilled childcare: infant care and childcare ages 2+.
Managing the many needs of a new baby requires confident, capable care – the kind that a skilled au pair who loves babies is happy to provide. The International Au Pair Exchange (TIAPE) Infant Care program matches host families with skilled au pairs who have expertise caring for infants.
Our skilled caregivers have degrees in pediatric nursing or early childhood development – or have significant experience caring for babies. TIAPE’s Infant Care program is also ideal for parents of infant multiples, as well as families with an infant and older children.
TIAPE’s skilled au pairs have experience with all types of infant care including:
- Bottle feeding and introducing solid foods
- Soothing and calming baby
- Bathing baby
- Assisting with colic, teething or other common infant-related conditions
- Age-appropriate activities including tummy time, holding objects, etc.
- Helping baby establish a routine
- Maintaining communication with parents about baby’s daily activities
- Managing baby’s laundry and other tasks (bottle sterilization, etc.)
Childcare Ages 2+
Modern day parenting can be stressful – but a skilled au pair can provide piece of mind for busy parents. The TIAPE Childcare Ages 2+ program matches host families with skilled au pairs who have expertise caring for children who are two years old and older.
Our skilled au pairs have significant childcare experience and include preschool and kindergarten teachers and individuals with degrees in early childhood education. They enjoy spending time with children and can help with everything from homework to reinforcing routines to driving children to school and other activities.
TIAPE’s skilled au pairs can conduct a variety of tasks including:
- Providing assistance with potty training
- Preparing healthy meals for children
- Helping with bathing children and bedtime routines
- Introducing age-appropriate activities (art, outdoor play, reading time)
- Managing children’s busy schedules (play dates, appointments, activities)
- Helping with homework and providing tutoring assistance
- Packing school lunches and getting ready for school
- Managing children’s laundry
- Helping to keep children’s rooms tidy and organized
- Driving children to school and other activities
- Doing special outings and activities
- Providing childcare and support during family vacations
- Giving parents an occasional night off
- Introducing children to a new language and culture
For more information about TIAPE’s Infant Care program, please contact us at 844-820-8040 or start your application here.